The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's Talk About Fabulous Customer Service!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

NC Adventurer
Posted 2019-08-16 3:33 PM (#586107)
Subject: Let's Talk About Fabulous Customer Service!

Veteran

On Tuesday at at 12:05, I had the great fortune of speaking with Duane at Vans Auto Affordable Restoration Parts. Vans is the producer of the fuel tanks that they themselves and two other vendors sell.

Today, just a few minutes ago, the UPS truck pulled into my driveway and unloaded a a large box. I thought, there's no way that could be my fuel tank but sure enough it was. Ladies and gentlemen, that's literally two days full days service to get order and get a large product like that fro the vendor's warehouse to my front door. Amazing! In this day of lack-luster customer service being the accepted norm, this goes well above and beyond. Unpacking the tank from its well-packed cardboard cocoon, I found an exact replica of the tank I removed - just shiny and new and not corroded. I called Duane to say thank you and ask if their site has a testimonial page. Unfortunately it doesn't at this time, so I'm reaching out to spread the good word through this forum.

In comparison, I also need a fuel sending unit and Duane had sold his last one a few days prior to my call. I ended calling another vendor a few states away from Vans in Wisconsin and placed the order for that within minutes of ordering the tank from Vans. Immediately after placing the order for the sending unit, I received an email stating that my order had gone through and that my credit card had been charged. As of Yesterday, my order on that site was still in a "Processing" status. I called and spoke with a pleasant young lady, asking her how filling my order was going and providing her with the order number. Her comment is the exact problem I find in customer service today. She said, "You only placed that order two days ago." When I asked when I could expect the order to be filled and sent out to me, she replied, "I'll try to get it mailed out tomorrow", as if I was bothering her or something. I guess she doesn't realize that each order filled and sent out to a SATISFIED customer results in more orders and, on her payday, a check. As of two minutes ago, I checked on their site again and my order still says "Pending."

Had Vans had that one part in stock, my Desoto would be on the road this weekend. Unfortunately, and I'm not holding my breath on this, it will probably be another week until the fuel sender arrives. It only takes minutes to install it into the tank and a bit more to install the tank into the car, but the disparity between how the two vendors value their customers is why I will be doing business with Vans again and, hopefully, never having to order from their competitor ever again. I can only imagine that the nails on the young lady must look stunning, as my order still isn't filled yet.

If you need a part, do yourself a favor and please consider Vans Auto Affordable Restoration Parts from Waupun, WI. Their address is N3147 Center Road, Waupun, WI 53963. They may be reached at 920-324-2481. Their web address is https://vansauto.com/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NC Adventurer
Posted 2019-08-16 4:15 PM (#586111 - in reply to #586107)
Subject: Re: Let's Talk About Fabulous Customer Service!

Veteran

UPDATE: So I called to check whether the part had been mailed as promised. Not surprisingly, the answer was "No", but that the negative answer was accompanied by a myriad of excuses ranging from over-burdening orders to lack of staff. I simply asked - very nicely - if the part could be mailed out as soon as possible. The call ended well.

A few minutes later, I received a call from the young lady claiming the part that they have on hand was not the correct part and they wouldn't have more of the correct part until the end of the month. The coup de grace was when I was asked if I wanted to keep or cancel my order. while I appreciate the call, I wonder if the story if I was told is true. I cancelled my order and will be placing my order with Duane at Vans. Ironically, they will also have more inventory of that part at the end of the month.

Moral of the story for me is to shop where customers are valued and customer service isn't just a phrase that no one understands.
NC Adventurer
Posted 2019-08-17 8:45 AM (#586131 - in reply to #586107)
Subject: Re: Let's Talk About Fabulous Customer Service!

Veteran

UPDATE #2: I called Vans yesterday after the disappointing news from the other vendor. I spoke with a very nice lady, whose name I neglected to get, unfortunately. I was prepared to wait until the end of the month until their stock of fuel senders was replenished just to work with a business who had proven they value their customers, when out of the blue I received fantastic news from that angel - they had a truck come back from a show with one sender. That very nice lady did me one more good deed than I deserved by pulling the item and sending it to me without charging me for shipping because I had just purchased the tank from them. I'm not sure how much better things can get but I will relish the great response Vans has given to my need for parts. I will find a reason to buy something from them in the future just because they have been so good to me!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)