The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Christine Memorabilia Raffle & Charity Auction
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Announcements -> News and AnnouncementsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2008-08-22 11:21 AM (#142302)
Subject: Christine Memorabilia Raffle & Charity Auction

Elite Veteran

From Bill Gibson...

Christine Memorabilia Raffle & Charity Auction

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ontherdagain64

I wanted to let everyone in the Forward Look know about the Christine Memorabilia charity auction to benefit Huntington’s disease that started this past weekend. One of the previous owners Derek in afflicted with this horrible disease. Please take a moment to read the below story as told by his father Jim:

Derek was adopted at age 12 in 1987. I took him to see a special showing of CHRISTINE on Halloween night in Oklahoma City the first week he was with me.

As we were walking out of the theater he said "We have to have one of those cars Dad!" (first time he called me Dad)... when Derek was diagnosed with Huntington’s in 2002, the neurological disease that is not curable, I posted emails around the world the next few months desiring an actual Christine movie car... in July 2003 I got a call at home from John in Simi Valley, Ca. saying he had one and would sell it to me 'for Derek' as he had read the story. 'She' arrived 8 days later by open truck to Oklahoma... what a look on Derek's face as it came into town all red, white, mostly shiny, and menacing. Since we had to go back to England for me to teach & coach at Lakenheath Air Base 03/04 school year some folks in town got together, took Christine and for the next 10 months brought her exterior and interior back to movie-spec life (even found the 5 Mexican American signatures under the front and back seat upholstery) and also added options including the motion detector for speakers, lights, etc. for playing the movie soundtrack... what a sight for Derek to see as we returned to Oklahoma for good June 04. They opened the garage, started her engine with rumbling dual exhausts, and drove her out into the sunshine Christine's speakers began to blare "Bad to the Bone"... we all knew the moment belonged to Derek as his 18 year dream had taken place.

Over the past 6 months I have been in contact with several of the cast and crew of my movie to arrange signatures on several memorabilia items, including 1:18th scale Die-cast cars, books, DVD’s, press photo’s and lobby cards. They were signed by my Director John Carpenter, Keith Gordon (Arnie), John Stockwell (Dennis) and Alexandra Paul (Leigh). Which are now listed on E-bay. I will be donating 100% of all net proceeds to the HDSA Oklahoma chapter 501(c)(3) so that it will benefit Derek as much as possible. The auction started this past Friday the 15th, There are a total of 24 items to be auctioned (8 items per night for three nights) so it will be ending the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.

I worked really hard on putting this together, and these are the last two dozen autographed items that will be auctioned off! Thanks for your participation in advance and wishing you luck in bidding !!!

Bill & {oo)==v==(oo}

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)