The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960 Chrysler Windsor 4 door hard top. Black w silver interior. 6000
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

FourFans
Posted 2020-08-16 6:24 PM (#602134)
Subject: 1960 Chrysler Windsor 4 door hard top. Black w silver interior. 6000

Regular

1960 Chrysler Windsor 4 door hard top. Push button trans, 383 RB, non AC, black with silver interior. 6000.

Honest complete car, all original local car, and runs well. Unrestored original condition. Clean title. No joy rides. Cash in person sale only. As-is, its an old classic car.

I have owned it for a couple years and have driven it a bit, done a fair amount of maintenance, but am ready to move on to something else. I bought it from the son of the original owner. Other than me the car hasn’t been on the road for 15 years or so.

Body: paint appears almost all original. Only one hole, about quarter sized passenger side wheel well. The trunk floor needs patched due to the original owner putting carpet in the trunk. Trunk cross member is there but there are holes. The rest of the car is outstanding, especially for these Forward Look cars. See pictures, a couple spots of paint chips with minor surface rust.

Drivetrain: original 383 engine and accessories. New gas tank. Included is the original 2v and distributor. It has new head gaskets and an Edelbrock AVS2 carb and performer Rpm intake. MSD distributor. Trans shifts well, was told that it was rebuilt in the 90s. In my opinion, it runs well. It doesn’t have any real leaks. Needs exhaust.

Brakes/suspension: dual master cylinder upgrade, brakes work great. Suspension is fine, steers straight and drives very well.

Interior: needs a few things here, recover seats, carpet is worn, dash pad is cracked. Heat works. No leaks. No front seat belts, as it came from Chrysler. Door panels are good. Dome gauge cluster lights up and works fine.

Brake lights, headlights turn signals, horn and wipers work fine.

Its a neat old car that still needs some attention in a couple areas. Not in a hurry to sell.

Below is a link to Craigslist with pictures.

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/colorado-springs-1960-chrysle...

Edited by FourFans 2020-08-16 6:27 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jboymechanic
Posted 2020-08-23 10:03 AM (#602435 - in reply to #602134)
Subject: Re: 1960 Chrysler Windsor 4 door hard top. Black w silver interior. 6000

Expert

Looks like a great car, if I didn’t have 4 old cars already I’d be calling you. Good luck with the sale.
FourFans
Posted 2020-08-23 11:38 PM (#602449 - in reply to #602435)
Subject: Re: 1960 Chrysler Windsor 4 door hard top. Black w silver interior. 6000

Regular

jboymechanic - 2020-08-23 8:03 AM

Looks like a great car, if I didn’t have 4 old cars already I’d be calling you. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. I have done quite a bit of mechanic work on it. I like it and I am glad I saved it from being parted, but I don’t find myself loving it as much as I did wrenching on it. Fascinating car. I have had some bizarre trade offers but no serious folks yet. I want another dart or a 66-70 of some sort next... or what I should do is paint my barracuda.

If anyone is serious and wants a bunch of detailed pictures or info, hit me up, and I will get you full info. I want the car to go to somebody who likes it and feels like they get a fair deal. Also comes with some parts like window fuzzies, a few soft parts, etc.

Edited by FourFans 2020-08-23 11:42 PM
NicksGarage
Posted 2020-08-24 1:27 AM (#602452 - in reply to #602134)

Expert

I've sent your ad to a few people. Mostly to keep me from buying it. I seem to be collecting black '60s (if two is a collection). Trying to get my '60 wagon running after sitting since 1978.
FourFans
Posted 2020-08-24 3:41 AM (#602457 - in reply to #602452)

Regular

NicksGarage - 2020-08-23 11:27 PM

I've sent your ad to a few people. Mostly to keep me from buying it. I seem to be collecting black '60s (if two is a collection). Trying to get my '60 wagon running after sitting since 1978.

Thanks. Id keep it if it were a wagon or bubbletop.

Its a heck of a reference / parts car for something more special like a wagon. Almost everything works and is original. Fel pro head gaskets, gates belts, Mopar dual master, and new brake shoes are about all that has been changed. I think the rear shocks aren’t original. It even has vintage floor mats that the owners son said were woth the car when he was a kid.

If you have any questions on your project hit me up. The only parts I didn’t reinstall properly yet are all the ignition wire keepers and the dome light fuse. I found the car was amazingly built... Very good steel and parts. The generator works within spec, the lifters and cam were good, the epitome of the US post war era. The later engines I have been into weren't nearly as well made. Even the water pump is OE. I had a new pump but it was chineseium and the OE one with a Mopar part No. didnt even have rust on it.

I didn’t rebuild but disassembled and cleaned all the lifters Then put them back on their lobes. The non-pcv engines are pretty dirty. I am averaging 500 mi per oil change with Valvoline VR1 oil and it is running better and better. The MSD distributor was also a big win. The original needs rebuilt beyond points and parts were more expensive than an MSD.

Ditching the 2 barrel carb was a good move. I couldn’t find jets or rods for the OE carb. The secondaries dont do much with the factory’s 305 hp cam, but it runs way better... keeping in mind I am at 6000 ft, not California.

Edited by FourFans 2020-08-24 3:55 AM
jboymechanic
Posted 2020-08-24 6:04 PM (#602490 - in reply to #602457)

Expert

If you're interested in trades, I have a 1960 Plymouth 2 door sedan I'd trade for your car. I'm working on a 1960 Plymouth wagon and I can't see having two of the same year and model car, and I've always wanted a FL wagon. It's not as nice or valuable as your car, but if you're interested maybe we could work something out. Below is a link to my build thread. With the 318 with 4 barrel, power steering and 5 speed, the car is actually quite pleasant to drive and I'm duplicating that drive line in my wagon.

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58722&...
FourFans
Posted 2020-09-06 10:00 PM (#602973 - in reply to #602134)

Regular

I got a couple emails from guys I have replied or texted to. If you sent me something and didn’t get s reply, message me here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)