The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frame/fabricator
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> New England RegionMessage format

Twotallkris34
Posted 2020-09-21 4:44 PM (#603429)
Subject: Frame/fabricator

Hello I am looking for someone to do some frame work on my 56 Windsor, rotted out right before the rear spring hanger. I am looking for someone in the Mass RI Ct NH area (located in mass) that someone can recommend that has done work for you before. I don't want some joker with a welder. I can make metal stick. I want this done right.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2020-09-21 10:41 PM (#603440 - in reply to #603429)
Subject: Re: Frame/fabricator

Expert 5K+

So no one that uses this welding helmet?
Your only hope of getting it done "right" is to think about how you think it should be done properly and then insist on that. Otherwise you are leaving the thinking part of it to someone who likely hasn't graduated from high school, but knows how to weld well. Every experienced frame welder will tell you that if it's a critical section for strength, you'll want to back it up with another plate across the weld area, and plug weld that into place. That's because no matter how well you weld it, the weld area will always be weaker than a normal frame. You can put that plate on the inside so it isn't visible when done. It's really not a hard job, except for the upside down welding part. That part of it takes skill to do well. It would help if you are willing to elevate the car at an angle for that weld. Fortunately, the bottom part isn't as critical as the sides for strength.

You will also need to relieve the weight of the car from the frame before you start cutting & welding.

Edited by Powerflite 2020-09-21 10:44 PM

(Welding Hood.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Welding Hood.jpg (35KB - 370 downloads)
Twotallkris34
Posted 2020-09-22 7:48 AM (#603449 - in reply to #603429)

I asked for recommendations on someone to do the work in the northeast, not some one from cali to tell me info that i already know. Thanks though.
Charlie8575
Posted 2020-10-17 10:44 AM (#604555 - in reply to #603429)

Regular

Wright's Welding in Athol will do frame work. Nice guy, very good at what he does. (978) 249-4023. Might take a bit to get back to you, but he will, as he's a one-man show and has huge amounts of work.

You can also try Grave Robbers Restorations in Orange, Mass. (978) 894-6299. Having driven by the shop a few times, it looks a mess, but several people I know locally through North Quabbin Cruisers have said he does quality work and is priced reasonably.

Charlie Larkin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)