The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Site will be up & down this weekend...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Announcements -> News and AnnouncementsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2006-02-16 9:13 PM (#50560)
Subject: Site will be up & down this weekend...

Elite Veteran

Hi All,

The Forward Look web site (http://www.forwardlook.net) will be up and down this weekend starting on Friday evening, running through Sunday evening for some maintenance.  I didn't get it all done last weeekend -- sorry!

It’s been a couple of years since I have done any hardware upgrades, so we will be bumping up the CPUs, disk arrays, and tripling the memory in the server to handle the ever-increasing load.

We will be introducing quite a few new & exciting features over the coming months, starting with the long-overdue upgrades on the forums and chat room (this month).  As I still have things in my ‘to-do’ folder for the site going back to <1998>, I feel it is time to enlist the help of some site design professionals who can finally get some of the projects completed.  I have been in negotiations with a web programmer who I believe can bring the thought of “Everything Forward Look for Every Forward Looker” to life.  I’ve got about 300 pounds of materials here I’ve purchased over the years to be processed and placed on the site.  We’re talking about a massive, ever-changing database of everything F.L. – and it should be amazing when completed.

As a side note, the Forward Look EMAIL MAILING LIST will not be affected by the upgrades, only the web site.  Please drop me an email if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Dave

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)