Re: IML: Duel Snorkel

There will be no fuel economy advantage.  You should get a slightly improved
performance at higher rpm.  The improvement depends on the engine and rpm.  The
higher the demands of engine for air (ie, higher rpm, larger displacement,
bigger cam, etc) the biggest the improvement.  The downside is a bit more noise
at WOT.  However, the sound of the intake is "improved" (relative term) at WOT
even though the desibell level is higher.  In fact, some of the "improvement"
in performance comes from the sound difference (phsychological improvement).  I
say that because when I opened s second hole on my LeBaron's air cleaner, I
thought I got better torque even at low rpm, which makes no sense.  However,
based on some basic calculations I had done from flow data I had for both
single and dual snorkel, I had estimated an improvement of about 3% at 3000 rpm
WOT for a 440.

The 413's have smaller air consumption, but I think the stock air cleaners were
even smaller than the stock 440.

D^2, 2x68