IML: 1990 Engine Computer

I've always said that cars should NOT be computerized.  This is a perfect example of why.

A couple of days ago, my 1990 Imperial stopped charging.  As usual, I thought is could be either the alternator or the regulator, or both.  I took the car to my mechanic, because he has all the diagnostic tools, and he tells me that it is in fact both that are toast.  Ok, no problem.  A voltage regulator is either a small, cheap external component OR an integral part of the alternator.  Either way, I need an alternator so no big deal.  The problem is, Chrysler, in their infinite wisdom, integrated the voltage regulator INTO the engine computer!!!  How STUPID is that!!!  I liken that to putting the brake linings into the transmission so when they wear out, you need a new tranny!  Needless to say, I am not on the hunt for an engine computer.

What I need is an engine computer that has the numbers 5266243 stamped on it.  I don't know what years will carry this number and if it is even on cars other than the Imperial.  The 3.3 or 3.8 5th Avenue cars MIGHT have this computer but I can't be certain.

Is there anyone who has access to a suitable parts car?  I'd like to find this computer as economically as possible.  I can't pay you money for going to a yard for me but I would do the same for you if the tables were turned.  I only say this to avoid a misunderstanding similar to one I recently experienced where a man expected me to pay him $20 or $30 an hour to go to a yard for parts.  It's fine to want that but it wasn't made clear at the outset of the deal and that cost added to the parts made them more expensive than new.  I just want to avoid this type of misunderstanding in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help.