Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:34 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: mystery numerals

Yesterday I completed taking out the dash and all associated electricals. I then took apart the dash itself completely. The main reason I did this was to get all the surface and other rust off the rear of the dash and to clean, polish, powdercoat etc all parts. I have come across something interesting. On the rear of the main dash part itself is painted in what appears to be silver paint  10.16.1  It is painted roughly by hand and the numerals are about 4 inches high. At first I thought it may have represented the date of the dash installation, Oct 16 1959. I know the 959 are not there and it appears that they never were so this is just a thought. Any suggestions? or better still does anybody know.

Larry
1960 LeBaron Sedan