IML: Imperial as economy car

Title: Message

     Let's see.  Assuming these economy car drivers were going to drive their 35 MPG cars any way, and each took one passenger, that would mean that there would be 5 economy cars taking the 5 passengers, so they really got 7 MPG to haul those 5 people.  Sounds to me like an Imperial getting 8 MPG taking 5 passengers actually gets better gas milage, if you look at it right.
     I heard a minister explain the logic of taking a 15 passenger van that got 10 MPG, no matter what you did, it got 10, because that was cheaper than the 5 economy cars if they got 30 MPG that would be required to haul 14 kids to a retreat in Texas, plus a truck to bring the stuff they brought in an 18 foot trailer.  Now you know she was some kind of lunitic--if not when she started, she was after spending 1500 miles in a tin box with 14 other people's teens.