Re: IML: Imperial as economy car

Dont forget that it cost more to buy the economy car to start with. Then, the maintenance for the economy car, wow, I know people who are surprised when they find out what a starter, alternator, fuel pump, or whatever, goes bad and they cannot do a temporary fix to get to a shop and find the only way there is a tow truck, oh, not just any tow truck, a flat bed tow truck, as the bumper will cave in if lifted by the previous means of towing. Then pay to put it on a computer to tell you the computer is not computin'.
   Oh, and by the way, when my daughter had a pajama party, I took 13 girls to breakfast in, well, you guessed it, not an economy car, or was it, the 61 LeBaron and they had so much fun. (My daughter told me that the girls said her dad is so cool by cramming everyone in one vehicle, especially that old car, and getting to play with the power windows and eeeek, no seat belts). I told them no body would dare to get in front of us as they would die.    Its the real thing.   Maybe the real name for Imperials is Luxury Performance Economy Car.    Joe Machado