Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 11:17 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: starting problem

we thought today was going to be a good day , the first chance to drive our 57crown legally on the  public highway.what fun we were going  to have,

  we pulled over just to admire the scenery and switched the engine off .when we decided to set off again i turned the key pressed the starter , yes you,ve guessed it  nothing   not a murmer ,  no sign of life .

the lights and other things were active  but nothiing on the starter side,

i can assure panic you had replaced pleasure as i had no idea where to look for the problem nor any tools in the [boot] ,but hey is that a garage across the road. the garage chappie came out with a few tools   got underneath  to check the starter, every thing  ok no wires off  , but somehow no power to starter on one of the wires to it.     he then put his tester on what he said was the solenoid  and asked me to try starting  the car ,it made  a horrable clanking sound as attempted to start the engine  and at the third attempt it started and ran smoothly.

he told me to drive it round to inside of the workshops  and. park it which i did, after stopping the engine, i tried to start it again but all i got was a " clicking " sound from underneath the [bonnet] .

i dont know what the problem could be , but i am asking for positive advice and suggestions ,and if it is either a starter or solenoid  problem are these parts available.   ps  i could with a wiring diagram  if any has a photo copy.

 It dosnt make driving the car pleasurable if all we are doing is wondering what next is going to go wrong with it

 kind regards

ken/annette    UK