Re: IML: 1957 Imperial Bumpers

I agree. soak every nut and bolt on the car you can but somtimes every once in a while you get one that just wont budge , and after busting you'r nuckles up a few times and say a few words. it still don't move, then you got to find the tools you threw, and walk away for a while. .A tool like a dremel you can use a small wire wheel and get around fairly well. bolts can be replaced. and if rusty they should be replaced. bolts are much easer to replace and much easer to find most any hardware store can get bolts any size you want by the box full. but brackets can be welded or fabricated and may cost more.

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
did you soak in penetrating oil and use a pneumatic
impact wrench (need a compressor for this)?

did you get a pipe to extend your leverage on a solid
box or open wrench/breaker bar? You might do well
with the car jacked up, on SOLID jackstands, and
pulling down from underneath using your body weight or
stomping on it?

A wire wheel on the exposed threads first can remove
the scale that your nut would otherwise traverse when
it was un-threaded.

-Kenyon

--- Bob wrote:

> Charlie.
> If you want to save the bumper brackets and not
> tourch them. Just tourch one end of each bolt off
> and wiggle it. Should come off. A rubber hammer is
> good, just dont dent it if its still good and
> straight. Being the car is rusty, the bolts will
> problly be shot anyway. Those you can replace. Hope
> i helped.
> THANKS Bob H

=====
Kenyon Wills