IML: my 59

the car is a 1959 4dr crown , she has 73,627 miles on her she was a one owner car I don't know how long she's been parked in the barn or how well she was taken care of before , but as im looking over her she's not so bad. paint is fadded and surface rust on the roof , a little amount on the truck lid and hood. but pretty solid. the rear quarters are gone and so are the rockers.. I guess the years of sitting with dirt and lime dust in those areas and with all the humidity in the are we get around hear . it's bound to rust.. as well as the pitts in the chrome.   when I opend the passenger door ,, the drivers side was stuck at the time. i noticed the headliner was falling down everywhere, and mice chewed seat foam and such under the seats . the seats are black,and the dash, the headliner was white at one time, door panels are a light blue to me , haven't run paint codes yet, as I can't make them out. the plate is hard to read. in the door jams I rubbed a little hand cleaner on a small spot . and I could see metel flake in the paint. . the tail light on the rights was in the trunk along with the front lenses.. I think the old farmer took the bulbs out of the car to use on his old tractor. also in the trunk was a spare still mounted down with all hardware still inplace. and anouther breather, (sim to the one on the engine but a little flatter and black. the one under the hood was same color as the body and a little taller and more curved at the top. ) and a jack and a few tools.. the trunk looked in good shap. but im sure their may be some rust somewhere in it. finde it latter, , all tires looked original the are US royal tires.850 - 15 with 4 original hubcaps that i found in the loft in the barn. ,, the front fenders both have holes rusted through near the bumpers about mid way up, not bottom,, strange,, maybe a emblem or something was there and for some reason is missing and maybe water  found a way to exposed metal . .. my only explanation for the rust in the fenders.the doors are solid even the bottoms. the bumpers are dull and dingy but no rust I can see. when I stand back I can see a little shine in it, so before I send it to be rechromed IM gona order a pollishing kit from eastwood and try to buff it up. first . but as for clear plastic some venders here at IML will get some of my hard earned money . as I must have them,, if you have a nice clean restored car and broken and cracked lenses or instrument guage glasstic , then the car looks weird, It's like installing new wipers on a busted windshield. just don't make sence. I haven't named my car just yet , but thinking on the                         " BLUE CYCLONE " the meanest crysler the world has ever known ( ray stevens).not made up my mind yet, anyone have a name for there imperial?

Do you Yahoo!?