Portland, Oregon
From: "Rob McCall" <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:31:50 -0500
Maybe there should be a separate mailing list for people who want to =
modify
their Imperials?  This could avoid most of the philosophical differences
that seem to cause so much trouble here.

I respect the stock restorations, but I like to make changes.  I =
appreciate
what lengths the group goes to to do this with their cars.  And I enjoy
seeing those cars. =20

Yes, I am planning some changes to my car.  Nothing that can't be =
changed
back with a set of hand tools and maybe some paint.  I won't list what I
want to do here since it may offend most of the list.  My car sat in a =
barn
for 15 years before I brought it home.  Yes, I originally went to look =
at it
to pluck the 440, but after seeing the car I decided it was too nice to
allow that to happen.  There was one other person ahead of me with =
similar
plans, and he was going to send the rest to the crusher.  Lucky for me, =
and
the car, he was moving slowly, and the seller agreed the car was too =
nice to
let that happen.

I agree with Hugh on not cutting up a car that has survived x-number of
decades and to start with a rougher piece if you are going to replace =
most
of what made the car in the first place.  My car falls somewhere in =
between,
but like I mentioned, I am making it reversible should the next =
caretaker
wish to do that. =20

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way.  I am not trying to stir up =
trouble.
Just the opposite.  I respect this group.  This past week another =
mailing
list/group I subscribe to has imploded over poor attitudes and flaming
e-mail.  Since disk brake conversions seem to be the sore point here, =
I'd
rather see a group spin off than tear this one apart.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron