Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Single-Headlight fifty-sevens

The single headlight cars were not retrofitted at the dealers. Cars with single headlights were shipped to states which allowed only one headlight. When those states realized they were hindering progress, the removed the single lamp requirement. In the meanwhile, Chrysler was building dual headlight cars like crazy (especially Imperials). I doubt you will find a single headlight car built after the mid-point of production.  It would be interesting to find the highest serial numbered single headlight car. And, the parts book doesn't enlighten this discussion.

Sherwood Kahlenberg