IML: restoring a 59 crown imperial.

I have begun the tear down on my car last night, after picking up some of the parts I had orderd , I was able to starte the engine  but only ran it for about an hour, as to let it warm up and to make sure the block was ok and safe to rebuild, she ran a little ruff but that was to be expected, I used a electric fuel pump in a 5 gl can to run the car because gas tank was very rusty, while the car was running, I put the trans through the gears and she would pull. but i didn't want to drive her just yet, and have something break, so I only wanted to see if the engine and trans was ok, and they seem fine, I mentioned that I was thinking about some up grades to my car, ( fuel injection and brakes, but after my dad made me feel quilty about it, < he told me that changing things on the car , either it be for performance or looks ,that by doing so . and in his exact words ( I would be fu@&ing it up). we had a long talk about the car, and he would tell me about some of the cars he had way back when. and I began to realise that even though I would be improving the cars performance , I would be cheeting myself of the experience and and stock performance that chrysler intended ,   I admit sometimes ESPECIALY when I buy anouther car, I want to make them go faster, and stop on a dime. some vehicles you can do that with " he explaind . and other vehicles a person shouldn't.. I under stand that, I told him ,,, to make a long story short , im going to restore my 59 to it's factory show room condition, and no modifications, so i will use the EFI kit on my 76 dodge pickup , to do any modifications to and not on my imperial.       the only upgrade the car will get is a complete wiring kit  with a new fuse box , and fuses , and the only reason I'm going to to that is , I don't want any electrical shorts to turn into a fire and burn my car up,, have had that happen before,

Do you Yahoo!?