Re: IML: Respect for "foreigners"

its Interesting to read Hugh's comments,

As the owner of a 1929 Imperial sold new in the UK which I am gradually rebuilding, I feel I am doing it despite the " enthusiasts" in the USA.

in the UK we help each other, we share information, we ensure that if a person needs a part for a restoration that they will have it rather than just sold to anyone ...

My experience has been anything but that in the US, I cant get information, people who have it wont share it, I cant get parts, even if I advertise...yet I know the bits I need to finish the car are there.

People will start an e mail correspondence say they will help and then nothing why??

Is it Jealousy that i have such a car?? strange if that is the case as the car was known about fro many years by people in the US before I bought what was basically an incomplete wreck.

Maybe I am unlucky but as a foreigner I certainly dont feel welcome as a fellow Chrysler owner...and I say Chrysler rather than Imperial owner as much of this relates to a short period when I was a member of the WPC Club...I feel that many would prefer I had just left the car to rot.

Nigel Plant