Re: IML: The '65 is home!/Horn

This is a good idea. I think the first thing to check is the rely under the hood. I can't remember for '65, but in other years it is right next to the battery tray. It can become corroded from battery acid, or the wire can become detached when installing a battery. If the rely IS there, it is also very easy to get to, and could be removed and cleaned. Nine times out of ten the rely is the problem. I have seen several '62 Imperials with a door bell button mounted in the steering wheel pad. Maybe that year there was more to go wrong.

Once on a trip to Sopkane, the horn in my '62 began acting up. It would momentarliy "HONK!" at a certain spot every time I turned the steering wheel. There is a little metal "grounding wheel" that rides around a little track inside the steering wheel that I think can get messed up. I don't know if '65 has that, but it would also be something to look at, if it does.

Paul