Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: IML: Trim retainers for 1956

Does anyone on the list know where or if the rubbery retainers for the lettering, as well as the clips for stainless side trim can be obtained?  (specifically 1956, but maybe other years also)  I am removing stainless trim today and lettering in preparation for paint, and after examining the little rubbery pieces that hold the lettering on, I am not so sure that they will survive the ordeal.  Likely, I will lose a number of clips from the stainless too since they are nearly 50 years old.  Any leads on these parts would be appreciated.  I tried Gary Goers for the rubbery retainers, but I didn't see what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance all.

Teresa Smith