Re: IML: '55 Hard Start

Hi list and other 55 owners,
My 55 had set for many years without running.  The
fuel system was full of stuff that had separated in
the gas tank.  I had to take out the tank and have it
hot tanked to clean up the system.  The car was also
very hard to start afterwards.  While having my wife
cranking it over I noticed the gas in fuel bowl was
not churning.  I pulled the fuel bowl and had my wife
turn the engine over.  Gas came rushing out all over
the place.  I replaced the fuel bowl and again it
would not churn like it did when running.  I opened
the filter screen on top of the carb.  The carb was
dry of fuel.  I tapped on the top of the carb thinking
the float was stuck.  The gas again began to churn in
the fuel bowl.  I used some "Sea-foam" fuel additive
on the carburetor to free the float.  It seemed to
work for awhile.  Then a friend of mine (old farmer)
was telling me he used 2 cycle oil in his old cars,
trucks and tractors to keep the carb parts and valves
from sticking.  I started to use Marvel Mystery Oil in
the gas and to this day have had no problems starting.
 Just an idea for your problem.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa