Re: IML: Welding questions

Clay - It can be done.  I have a lincoln 110V flux core welder without the mig upgrade (although I plan on getting it.)  The factory flux core is great for 1/4" steel, but the lighter panel welding is much better with the mig.  You may also try a new product, which is an .025 wire  that is much softer than the usual wire, thus making it easier to grind back down.  See www.esabna.com.  I bought and old fender to practice on and in a couple of ours the welds didn't look too awful.  Good luck  Joe Reiss