From: henry ford
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 12:45 AM
Subject: IML: restoration rotiserie stands

I have an extensive collection of car catalogs and mag's , and I use them often as they give me more info than most repair manuals , and are just plain fun to read. as I have been starting on my project ( 59 imperial) ,
 I have been trying to find cost effective ways to do most repairs to the car myself. although I'm not welthy by no means , I can see that some tools and such are needed to do a good job on my car. one of those things that I could use on my project is a >> rotiserie << for the frame off restoration .
 I have looked at a few online a various web sites and realy don't like the ones I see. I need one that WILL NOT! put any pressure on the body of the car, as she will be week and I will weld in a few supports to prevent any twisting or bending .
I am looking for a sturdy rotiserie that can help keep everything straight . anyone have any suggestions?
  the reason I need one is because the floor is rotted and to repair the rust , i will be under the car quite a bit cutting and measuring and crawling out from under the car for a sec then go right back under, to be frank it wears me out just thinking about it, the plus side of having a rotiserie. well I dont think I havta go into it you can under stand .
 also I have been thinking of getting a pollishing kit from eastwood and try to pollish out most of my trim and small parts. I have never tried to use anything like it before, i have only used mothers and a dremel to pollish engine parts on a motorcycle I had . it looked good but took 4 cans of mothers to do the job , and i know it's not the same as a pollishing kit from eastwood, and I wanted to know what others thought about it, if anyone has used eastwood pollishing products on there car and what results did they get?  thanks for any info.

P.S. steve b, I may also be interested in the rear package tray material for my 59 . give me any info you get ,, thanks