RE: IML: Ignition product number?

These are for the Auto-Lite distributors used on many different brands of cars.  The equivalent current part number is 723A, with various prefixes depending on the vendor.  However the DeSoto takes the 721A points, which are different.  The correct points are over the counter at most any auto parts place, - but NAPA is the one I use.

Dick Benjamin

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:08 AM
To: mailing-list
Subject: IML: Ignition product number?

Hello to everyone:

I bought a lot of ignition points that I was told were for my 1956 Desoto, and turns out that they are not for my car...but are supposed to be Mopar points.  Does anyone have a way to look up a part number (Standard Ignition is the manufacturer) to find out what car it fits on?   The number is:  AL5384P.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  These are NOS in box, and I have five of them if anyone knows what they are and needs one...contact me off list.

Teresa Smith