From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Ignition product number?/ Interesting Problem

Your post brings up a good point. That is when you buy NOS parts from
someone, you should probably already know what numbers they should be, and
what they should look like if they fit your car.

I have seen stuff at swap meets and on Ebay listed for specific
applications, yet by sight, pictures, and sometimes the description, I can
tell that the parts wouldn't fit what they say. Telling them about it or
sending them a note usually doesn't do any good either. They stubbornly
stick to their "parts reference book" or some such thing and sell it anyway.
Once some guy sent me a virus and a nasty e-mail note for telling him that
what he was selling didn't fit what he said it did.

Our cars are very unique, and if we are familiar with them, it isn't too
difficult to tell if something is going to fit or not. Before you buy, try
to make sure that what you are looking and is what you really want.

Paul

In an email dated Mon, 14 2 2005 7:08:06 pm GMT, "Chad & Teresa Smith"
<hemi_powered@xxxxxxx> writes:

>Hello to everyone:
>
>I bought a lot of ignition points that I was told were for my 1956 Desoto,
and turns out that they are not for my car...but are supposed to be Mopar
points. Does anyone have a way to look up a part number (Standard Ignition
is the manufacturer) to find out what car it fits on? The number is:
AL5384P. Any help on this would be appreciated. These are NOS in box, and I
have five of them if anyone knows what they are and needs one...contact me
off list.