Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: IML: Mystery Wire on '68

I had to drop the steering column on my '68 Crown a few weeks back, and yesterday I was trying to put everything back together when I realized I had forgotten where to attach one end of a wire.

This is a short, approximately 4" long wire that has a metal eyelet on both ends. One end, as I recall, is attached to one of the 3 studs that holds up the steering column (the studs go through nylon spacers, or isolators, that help the column collapse in an accident).

My question is: where does the other end of the wire go? It can't be that far-- it's only a 4" long wire.

I have attached it to one of the 4 bolts that hold the "yoke" or the cradle of the steering column, and everything seems to be working but it plagues me that I haven't got it attached to the right spot.

Thanks, Mark