RE: IML: Imperial names

I was always fond of big ships as a kidd and I gues I never grew out of dreaming to owning an old pirates ship and sailing the sea. but as with the name of a ship on my imperial  I can sail the open roads. the story behind me thinking of nautilus was a few days after I bought the 59 imp I walked into autozone and was asking for any parts they have for the 59 imperial, and the guy at autozone said there is no such thing . he thought I was pulling his leg, because I used to make up stuff in my past and I would get a kick out of watching them go crazy trying to find the parts that didn't exist . so I then showed them pictures of the car and they seemed like they belived me, but they still thought I was pulling some sort of gag on them,  but after I left autozone and went to NAPA " the napa in my town had merged with a local machine shop. so I wanted to see if they would rebuild the engine and other parts for my car, as I talked to jimmy at napa, a friend of mine, I told him about what had happened at auto zone , and he told me I should name the car the nautilus because of the jules vern novel. about a mythical ship/sub.that none could believe to exist. and that the name would fit well that the nautilus was supposedly been indestructible and had inventions that were unheard of for it's time.
on another note. one of my kidds suggested a few names " he is into video games"
LANDBARGE - because it is the largest car he has ever seen. and the fact that the car is 4 ft longer than our pontoon boat that is 16 ft.
DOOMTRAIN.- from his final fantasy games. he thinks it is so cool he used to make train sounds while running through the house , yelling here comes the doomtrain.
and my other son suggested I should name it VOYAGER. because of the cars tail fins and the rocket type tail lights.

"Steve B." <imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is a second try on the reply for Neal Herman

like ocean liner names because of the mystique (and I don't meant
Mercury!) and the size of our Imperials. One of my choices was obvious:
Imperator, a Hamburg-America Line competitor to Cunard's Mauretania &
Aquitania (see below) and White Star's Olympic (sister to the Titanic).
Another reason for this is the large bronze eagle figurehead on the bow.
After World War I, she became the Cunard Line's Berengaria.

The Imperator's sister ship was the Vaterland, which has no panache.
But as part of the war reparations she was transferred to the United
States Line and became the Leviathan, a much catchier name. As the
Leviathan, she was the largest ship in the world in the 1920s.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown "Aquitania", for reasons aforementioned
1966 Imperial Crown "Miss Dorothy", after my grandmother who owned a '64
Imperial
et al.