RE: IML: Imperial names

Obviously, the name of anything large comes to mind when applying one to an
Imperial.  Let's not overlook that the name can also be related to the
color, personality or ambiance of the car.  The name can also spin off the
model name.  For example, I had a Valiant named "Prince" and my high school
music teacher had a Valiant named "Rudi".  I fixed up and sold a '70 New
Yorker that was a sweet, quiet car that never got upset about anything,
even when accelerating to the fast lane in second gear or making panic
stops.  I dubbed it "Mellow Yellow", combining a reference to the
personality and the color as well as using a piece of slang appropriate for
the vintage.  I would like to hear the story behind Ernie and the Black
B**ch.

I have not named my '91 daily driver, but I have named my '66 Crown Coupe
project car the "Flying Penguin".  The penguin part is a reference to the
white with black top/interior color scheme.  The flying part is an homage
to the car in which the engine's rolling assembly used to reside, which is
named the Flyin Whale.  That car is a so-called "lesser" Chrysler, and
anybody who cares to Google the car will agree that there's nothing
"lesser" about it.  My car will be ready next year, and until then there
ain't no such thing as a flying penguin.

-- David