IML: McCahill on video

Many of us own or at least have seen the promotional movie put out by Chrysler in 1958 featuring a number of its products, including the Imperial, at a test track facility. It is hosted by none other than McCahill. Watching the various competitor vehicles fare so badly on the tests and seeing the Imperial sail through without hardly breaking a sweat is a nice experience.

I got my copy from Moviecraft. The videos number is MC-039. Go to:

www.moviecraft.com

Mr. McCahill had more than a way with words. His humor extended to the visual. In his print review of the 1958 Imperial he has a good sized assistant curl up in the trunk and take a nap. I doubt if McCahill himself was capable of such bodily dexterity. The assistant is cited as saying the Imperial's trunk was the most comfortable he had ever experienced.

Hugh