IML: '66 Imperial Electrical Question

Hi Folks,

Yesterday, I spoke on the phone with a repair shop in
Texas that is working on a '66 Imperial.  The car was
evidently in a fire, but the owner is restoring it.  I
had rebuilt all the power window switches for the car,
but the repair shop is still having some problems
getting the power windows to work.

As best I can understand the situation from our
conversation, the windows will only work when a ground
wire is attached to a window motor and run to the
body.  But when this is done, the window will only go
down, not up.  The shop has a copy of the schematic
from the '66 shop manual, but it appears to be for the
Chrysler line, and is not the same as the Imperial
wiring.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

Elijah