RE: IML: Was About Tom McCahill, and his judgement of the car in '67/ n

RE: IML: Was About Tom McCahill, and his judgement of the car in '67/ now demo guys

I have talked to many body shop workers, and I asked them the same question
as to which is stronger unit. Most of them said unibody is very strong when
new, but as the car ages the unibody car's joints weaken, and of course the
cars from the rust belt areas have weaken badly. Some of the auto body men
have said the body on frame is a stronger unit. After reading some of the
response from the club I guess the '67-'68 are built better than the later
Imperials from the late sixties to the mid 70's.

My '66 Crown is originally from Pennsylvania and started to show some
bubbles of rust coming though on the lower rear quarters (I'm having the car
redone by March). The car rides very tight for its age, and has 125,000 mile
on it.

Rich Woolf
'66 Crown
'73 LeBaron