IML: Imperial 'Revival'; Hemi's/RTMagnum/300c/BD presents

IML: Imperial 'Revival'; Hemi's/RTMagnum/300c/BD presents

Greg and IML family:
In late fall 2002, when the Magnum was a concept but stated as 'DC future
production', and with several tasks to complete: construction, boat towing,
finishing the Driveway Construction of my then new garage/workshop, I had to
accept that the Magnum R/T  would Not be able to tow the 24' boat or take a
full palate of flagstone or concrete (and neither could the Shelby Daytona),
So I bought my first Truck, an '03 HEMI RAM Laramie 4x4 with Imperial
accomodations: Leather, heated seats, wood, dual heat, etc.

One of my Jaguar club Concours friends, (100 point 1953 Jaguar XK120) tows
his Jag with a RAM van, & has had the last of the big Buick StationWagons;
both of which he uses for the grandkids. He is seriously considering a
Magnum HEMI R/T-(wants flames)- and he's turning 70.He still drives his
early Concours XJS Convert daily, while his wife has a 'new retro T-bird'.

For my 60th Birthday, (next Nov) I have placed a deposit on a very nice
Imperial Crown, which is out in the mid-west, and which I will 'fetch' and
have an Imperial Adventure with in a couple months. When the time is right,
I will reveal the details, and of course share the story & adventure.

Now retired, I'd be hard pressed to buy a NEW Imperial- which certainly
would sell 'at ' Chrysler 300  6.1 HEMI SRT $ territory, but I agree the
timing is right for DC to do so. It would make sense I think. For example,
look at the orig PT Cruiser vs the new PT Converts and Dream Coupe's already
in or slated for  production. Lots of quality interior  and trim upgrades.
Let's also watch what 'evolution' the new Charger will bring.  Now since DC
has approved for production the 300c 4 dr Convert-- Maybe an 'Imperial'
edition is in the future?  Then 5 years down the road depreciation= 20c on
the $-- modern Classic???

Greg:  Happy Birthday! Enjoy that Magnum! One fine vehicle, as are the new
300c HEMI's!!

Sherman D. Taffel
Columbia, MD
56 Dodge 270 Poly V-8
(Remnant Finned)  413 Imperial  in May
'70 Jensen INT I 383 (MDProject -with Laurence of Long Island)
'75 Jensen Interceptor 440 Convert
'89 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2.2 Turbo (maybe 4 sale)
'03 RAM HEMI
4 Jags, Jensen GT's, TR4, 2 Fiero's,