Re: IML: 67 Imperial one of 19- rear a/c, not rear defog

Re: IML: 67 Imperial one of 19- rear a/c, not rear defog

I have Rear Heat in my 67 sedan. There are 2 toggle switches left center on dash in a cluster and it says "rear heat" underneath. The left toggle is the fan and the positions  are high, low, and off. The right toggle is heat(top position), defrost, and air. There is ductwork that comes out thru the floor below the seat bottom in the back on both sides, so, on the heat setting, you get that luvly breath of warm air on the ankles when the temp is below zippo. There is a heater core and blower mounted behind the seat in the trunk on the passenger side hidden by a curtain made of the same carpet as the trunk floor carpet. The spare tire is to the left of that. Heater core is fed by heater hoses that go to the front and into the heater fluid valve up front that controls the fluid for the front heater core. There is a slit in the back deck for the rear window defrost duct.
This car was all original when we got it from my father-in-law about 4 years ago. The only thing done according to him was something to the carb and distributor that made it a 20mpg car. He had it done in Winnipeg as that was the nearest big city. He lives just on the U.S. side of the border in ND. The carb was one of those little Holleys, so it has been replaced with an edelbrock. I have the old one on the shelf tho.

Dave
67 Haze Green Sedan
Covington, WA