IML: car jack

hello america
i have just spent a couple of hours cleaning out the trunk of our 57 crw/sth
taking every thing out to give it a good vacuum.  i noticed that the jack was there in 3 parts ie,  the base ,   the post with ratchet attached .  and a  hook shaped part that clicks into the ratchet .
reading in in the  drivers hand book  it says that there should be a locating on the jack which locates with corresponding holes in the bumper .,  perhaps it is not the correct jack for the car.
the serial No  stamped on the jack is  3986527-A  if this helps
regards
k/a