IML: '56 Brake Overhaul Questions

Tonight I got the entire car up on jack stands, something that had me a bit
nervous as I've never had any car completely off the ground before.  The front
brakes are in a bit better shape than the rears - some rust but no leaks.

My plan is to completely redo the hydraulic system; new wheel cylinders, new
master, and all new lines.  The decisions that I'm contemplating at the moment
are:

Stainless lines or OEM steel?
Conventional flexible hoses or braided SS?

I'm also giving some thought to DOT 3/4 vs. DOT 5 fluid but I don't want to
restart that discussion here as there's plenty of information on our website to
keep me thinking for the moment.  (Plus that's a decision that doesn't have
to be made for several weeks.)

My interest is in having a safe, functional system that will be reliable with
minimal maintenance and not be difficult or unduly expensive to assemble.
I've heard of some problems with leaks at fittings with SS being very hard to
eliminate and galling is also a concern.  On the other hand, SS should eliminate
corrosion problems and the price difference isn't that great ($180 vs. $155
from Classic Tube).

Thoughts, suggestions, success stories, horror stories?

Thanks,
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ