IML: Personal checks (was A car eye by the pizza guy, almost)

IML: Personal checks (was A car eye by the pizza guy, almost)

Kenyon:  I hope you don't get stung on the check.  Banks will credit you provisionally but it could take as long as 3 weeks for the bank to process the check and then dishonor it for lack of payment (it gets bounced back)...especially when the guy is from Saudi Ariaba and just disappeared on you.  Don't spend the money yet.

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently bought a 1964 LeBaron out of a barn.

Rehabbed it and sold it on Ebay to a guy in Saudi
Arabia who is here working out of texas buying up
cars. OK, Fine.

Mailed me a personal check and it went right through,
so no problem there. The guy up and disappeared on me
after that. The car had already sat in front of my
house for a month while I worked on it, and wound up
spending another 50 days waiting for me to threaten to
resell it before he got his butt in gear and had
someone pick it up.

It went yesterday, hallelujah! There are two old
biddys that live on my court. Nothing, but nothing
happens here from sunup to 10pm that they don't know
about, and I'm their main entertainment.
Entertainment in your late seventies consists of
complaining about other people and talking about the
homeowners association rules.

I'm the best thing that has happened to them in 10
years, I think.

So I coincidentally did a major yard clean-up over the
last 3 days, leveled the side yard (for more cars) and
decided that the rock out front with weeds poking
through it had to go. Sourpuss, one of them, actually
smiled for the first time in memory. Guess she's
happy for a few days. Wait till I get my next project
car, babe....

Fortunately, there was a side yard just waiting for
the old rock from the front, so that worked out
neatly. Busted my butt for several days, and
yesterday I pulled all three cars out of the carport
to clean it and left the 1960 out in front, which is a
rolling shell with no doors, hood, or trunk.

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kenyon/images/WetsandingthecarwithEasySand-reg.jpg

The 64 that just got picked up, which was where I
parked the '60 was actually a pretty nice car if you
don't know what you're looking at:

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1964%20LeBaron%20For%20sale%20by%20Kenyon%20(Not%20for%20site)/IMG_0140.JPG

ANY-way, we ordered pizza, and the guy showed up and
went nuts. Asked incredulously: "What happened to
your car? It was so nice just a few days ago!!!"

I wasn't there, but my girlfriend told him that we
blow things up for a living, while waving
non-chalantly in the car's direction. He came over
and started to scold me for destroying such a nice
car. I know that I make my errors on my bodywork, but
hey!! I didn't know what he was talking about and
told him that I was only trying to put it back
together, not destroy it. He got the weirdest look on
his face and decided to cut and run at that point.

Hard to tell these old cars apart if you don't have
"the eye", I guess.

Kenyon Wills