IML: Window switches, motors, and other fun stuff

IML: Window switches, motors, and other fun stuff

First off I want to let the group know I just got my window switches back
from Elijah.  If I can get my windows to work half as good as these switches
look, I'll be in great shape.  The switches are beautiful.

I reconnected the driver's controls this afternoon to see if the fresh
switches would magically make the window work as it's supposed to.  I wasn't
that lucky.  I'm guessing the driver's window motor was replaced at some
point with the later reversed polarity motor.  Pressing up on the switch
equals window going down.  Pressing down gave a motor noise similar to an
engine turning on its starter.  I decided to dive in deeper.

I now have the window glass, channel, vent window, regulator and motor out
of the car.  I removed the motor from the regulator in a semi-sane manor,
but I'll have to think of a more sane method to reinstall it.

When I pulled the motor off and opened up the area for the gear drive and
found what appears to be grease packed with plastic chunks.  I'm guessing
the chunks are the remains of the pieces that get replaced with the 1/2"
diameter by 1/4" tall nylon spacers?

I'll be scraping all the grease and goo off all the window tracks and
regulator while they're out.  I figure is would be easier with them out of
the car.  The grease is more of a soft candle wax at this point.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron