Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:53 AM
Subject: RE: IML: Power window motors

Mike,

Well, I hope this post doesn't expire you.  I got everything reinstalled
last night, and the window still goes down, but really doesn't like going
up.  I think the motor is just plain tired.  I'm going to check my battery
today, just incase it's low.

The bushings I used were very tight.  I think the diameter is just a hair
too big.  It probably wouldn't hurt to turn them down a little with some
sandpaper.  Maybe place a 3" bolt through three of them and chuck them in a
drill (using the excess bolt in the drill chuck), then take a piece of
sandpaper, wrap it around the bushings and slowly turn the drill.

The best advice I can give is to be careful removing the motor. The assist
spring can cause some bodily damage.  I removed the entire window frame and
the regulator.  I removed two of the three bolts holding the motor in place,
then placed the regulator on the garage floor with the spring part facing
the ground.  With one foot on the arm, the other foot clear of the
mechanism, I removed the last bolt and quickly pulled the motor off.  The
spring unwound and spun the upper half of the regulator around.  You do not
want any body part near that spinning metal.  That's why I referred to it as
being semi-sane removal.

I'll post an update with any progress (or regress) later today.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron