Re: IML: 1960 Brakes locking up!

Kragen tried to sell me the same master cylinder on three different
occasions -- once for a '64 LeBaron, once for a '66 Newport and once for a
'70 New Yorker.  The thing looked like it came out of a tank -- squarish
reservoirs and a half-inch thick clamp over the top.  Unless you already
know what you need, I do not recommend them.

The single to dual master cylinder conversion is so common, you should not
have trouble getting the right parts.  If you don't already know whom to
ask, try contacting your local Mopar club and asking them for a
recommendation to a parts supplier.  They'll know exactly what you're going
through.  If all else fails, ask the C body gurus on the Home of the Land
Yachts board -- www.motorcitymoparclub.com -- scroll to members discussion,
click and scroll to C Body Dry Dock.  No registration is necessary, but
it's painless and spamless to do so.  They are Imperial-tolerant, and a lot
of them own pre-65 Mopars.  Some of our esteemed OIC list members also post
there.

-- David

 >>Part of it was the MC that Kragen Auto Parts sold me(God only knows what
 year and for what it fits, even though I asked for an 67 Newport Master
 Cylinder), >>Part of it was not enough tech research done to determine if
 it could work