Re: IML: 1960 Sending Unit Install

Mine did that also, I ended buying gasket from local parts store, and cut mine myself using the old as a guide. Then I made sure the locking ring is on extremely tight, If you do it under the car, one of the lips of the lock ring might not get under the tank hold down rings. I was able to actually tap them down so they were tighter, when I placed the locking ring on. Of course the tank was off the car at the time. This may sound elementary, but it worked on mine. Good luck.
Marc
60 4drht