Re: IML: Substitution tapered axle on my 1956.

Re: IML: Substitution tapered axle on my 1956.

Hello luis , if you need a good hod i have one .  As
far as getting rid of your old axle , it is as good as
any that you will find. Unless you need a special
ratio  the best answer is to take off the drums and
machine the studs off so that the drums slip fit like
others do and your in .  no other mod needed.  If you
must change out your axle,  use an axle from a 72 thru
75 dodge truck 8.750   type with the big bolt pattern
that matches your car and have a machine shop up size
the stud sizes to your imperial.  Hope this helps ,

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide<http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide>

webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>