Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 2:39 PM
Subject: IML: Shipping old/used windshields

Just out to Lowell Howe's today to pick up some parts and had a really good
visit. Windy but very pleasant in Patterson. I mentioned that I had
purchased a new w/s for my 60 from Timo and that it had been shipped very
securely. Lowell said he doesn't ship used ones because no matter how
carefully packed they crack because they glass becomes so brittle with age.

My guess is that a 68 is less complicated in shape than for a 57 to 66
Imperial so perhaps shipping a used one could work, but no guarantees would
be my advice.

Henry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenyon Wills" <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Windshield for 68 Convertable

I have a 68 windscreen, I think.  Will have to double
check.  The glass on these is old and brittle.
Shipping them is BRUTAL and will likely crack the
glass, so no gaurantees there.  Where are you located?
 -This is important to note when asking the List for
larter items.

Please respond off list to: imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx

--- louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi List, Looking for 68 windshield, anyplace where I > can get it new ? Used in good shape would be fine. > Also lost the round piece on top of the power > antenna that screws on. > All your help is appreciated. > > Thanks Luis. > > > > > Luis Colon > 1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker. > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Plan great trips with Yahoo! Travel: Now over > 17,000 guides!

Kenyon Wills