IML: Build Sheet from DaimlerChrysler Corporate Historical Collection

IML: Build Sheet from DaimlerChrysler Corporate Historical Collection

Hello everyone:

Just thought I would send a few lines to let everyone know that I ordered a build sheet for our car from Chrysler.

It is the neatest thing.  The build sheet itself is a photo from microfilm, but the nice lady at the Collection decoded the build sheet for us in a very nice letter on letterhead.

Here's what we now know about our car:

From the VIN, I know it is a 1961 Imperial Crown Southampton in Malibu Tan with Russett Cloth & Leather built at the Imperial Assembly plant in Detroit.  From the Historical Collection, I found out it was shipped to Hessing-Thurber Motors in Boise, Idaho in the Portland Sales Region on October 25, 1960 (I was just over one month old).  The following options were ordered:  Golden Touch Tuner with power antenna & rear seat speaker, heater, custom conditonaire, 8.2X15 Rayon white sidewall, and tinted glass.

So, since I bought this car in Kennewick, Washington, it appears that she spent her entire life in the beautiful Pacific northwest but I am confident she will acclimate to Texas rather well.

Unfortunately, there was no Owner or Service manuals available.  And, they haven't cashed my check either.

This is SO cool.  I encourage everyone who doesn't have or can't find their car's build sheets and have an interest in knowing more about one's car, to write the Collection.

Joe & Nancy
Allen, Texas
'61 Crown 4D Southampton