Re: IML: Idler Arm, Fan Shroud Questions...

Re: IML: Idler Arm, Fan Shroud Questions...

--- commenace@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 I built the
> engine with the best possible cooling components, I
> don't think it's any of those parts.  My question
> is: would a fan shroud make that much of a
> difference?  Would it cool the engine considerably?
> Or should I buy an electric fan to help out?  Any
> suggestions as to which one?

You're saying here that >all< cooling parts are new?

The symptoms that you describe indicate that plugged
or malfunctioning parts could be the problem.  Those
symptoms match the plugged radiator on my 1973.  New
radiator and the problem disappeared.  Don't skip the
gauge or sending unit either.

Fan shroud will definitely make a difference, but will
not be THE difference, most likely.

Idler arm should flop about easily.  Ask your parts
man for a busing rebuild kit if you have not done that already.

Kenyon Wills