Re: IML: I need help too!

I'm working on the steering box on my ' 62 Crown.  Lost all the fluid, luckily just in front of my garage, boy did I have to work that steering wheel to get it parked.

I read the manual but I don't want to take the steering wheel apart to get the box out for repair.  I've taken all the stuff off the box except the collar attached to the steering post, by the fire wall!  This is where I've stopped.  Can I take the box off, if I disconnect that Collar?

Where can I get parts for repair or a replacement gearing box?  The shaft looks good, all the bearings fell out but I got them back in except for the middle one's, hopefully I'm only going to need the seals.

Need some advice and direction.

Tom Zannis
'30 A Roadster
'49  Packard