From: Blomberg
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Painting 1960 LeBaron....color poll

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 4:11 AM
Subject: IML: Painting 1960 LeBaron....color poll

Hi Folks,
Getting ready to paint my 1960 LeBaron sedan.  Except for Paul Wentink's Powder bronze LeBaron, every one I know of is black.  I will probably go back with the black so I don't have to do door jambs etc.  Just thought it would be fun to get people's oppinions as I know black will show every little imperfection.  I am open to suggestions.  Maybe the 1960 Chrysler color terra cotta?  You can suggest staying in the black as well.  Car has the white pearlescent full leather interior, well remains of anyway.....
Richard

Thought I would reply via the site to see if I am able to post. In my humble opinion there are only  very few colours I believe are suitable for a 1960 LeBaron, however I believe you already have the MOST suitable - Formal Black. When the time comes to respray her, give her the best black spray job you can. Yes, black does show up the dirt and yes it is not kind to any imperfections on the body however I don't believe you are a person who would let such a fine vehicle be sprayed without the bodywork being as perfect as possible. There is no other Imperial from that era more grand, more formal than the LeBaron. With a beautiful sprayjob and shining chrome nothing will beat it for eye appeal as she cruises along.

Black is not my favourite colour. Of the colours available I just think  moonstone is beautiful. One of the most appealing pics I have ever seen of an Imperial is the 1960 Crown  on the "Move it" site. http://www.movit.de/htm/imp6003.htm  Great pics of her in the snow. As much as I like this colour I don't believe it looks as nice on the LeBaron as the Formal Black. I know you have seen Joe Scardino's LeBaron. Now you have to admit that this is truly a fine looking vehicle. http://www.movit.de/htm/imp6003.htm  I can't picture this LeBaron in any other colour, it just wouldn't do it justice.

Some time ago I was considering having my seats done in leather when the time came to have them all reupholstered. As you know I have the original grey broadcloth. I just couldn't get over the fact that the Data Plate would be saying broadcloth when then seats were leather - same for the colour, you have BB1 not DD1 . I briefly contemplated a different colour for mine, however I will be spraying her black when the time comes. Are you considering changing the colour just for the sake of a change? If so, then it may not take long  for you to regret the change. Keep her black. That's my humble opinion.

All the best mate

Larry
1960 LeBaron Sedan