Re: IML: 1960 Imperial rear bumper

This bumper is the same for '60, '61, & '62. Finding a good used one would be tough. The best you can really hope for would be a super straight one to rechrome.

These bumpers reacted badly to the exhaust from the tailpipes. Although they did not tend to rust away, the plating became cloudy and dull very early in the the game. Some cars were given the proper care since new, thus also preserving the rear bumper. By now, few people with a car in this condition would consider parting it out. Any car left to deteriorate during the last 20+ years would probably not have a prisinte bumper that you could simply bolt on. You may get lucky though!

Paul W.