IML: '73 Oil Leak (pressure sensor?)

Hi, list,

I know that this has been covered on the IML, but I haven't archived it, so I'll ask for information: Saturday son Jamie and I borrowed a buddy's shop to put the '73 LeBaron up in the air and try (again!) to replace the rear main seal, which appeared to be leaking even after its most recent replacement six weeks ago. Surprise! The rear main seemed to be good and tight and dry, but the back of the engine block was covered with oil, which seemed to be coming from the oil pressure sensor sending unit. I searched and searched in the FSM but could not find reference to replacing it, and I'm not confident enough as a mechanic to just start turning stuff. Any suggestions?

We also found that the transmission seal is leaking, so someday soon (perhaps next weekend), we'll borrow Buddy's shop again, pull the transmission, and throw another seal in there. Should I have a tranny shop go through the 727 while it's out? This particular 32-year-old car is a 49,000 mile survivor.

I'll just have to drive a Fifth Avenue until these issues are resolved, being a one-Imperial household. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Regards,

Jay

Jay King
Meridian, Mississippi