IML: Can't Post/IML problems? A SOLUTION

IML: Can't Post/IML problems? A SOLUTION

The IML is set up to be very automated.  We have a
crew of volunteers that help out (thanks guys!), but I
thought I'd write in and point you to a solution that
often provides almost INSTANT GRATIFICATION, and
almost everyone likes that, right?

So keep this in mind for the day that your number gets
punched and you have a problem.

===============

If you are experiencing trouble with your email acct
on the IML, often times there is a glitch.  Cosmic
rays, radio burst transmissions from the Russian
Consulate, pirates, you name it, and it's probably
related to your problems somehow, but the internet and
computers are just "funny" sometimes.

The fastest way to double check that it isn't
something busted in the automated macinery is to go to
the club homepage, go to the MAILING LIST page, and
unsubscribe.  Mumbling under your breath as you do so
seems to help, but we're still doing the study to back
that up with hard numbers.

Take a few minutes break and come back and
re-subscribe as you did to come in to begin with.  One
thing:  Make certain to spell your info correctly!

I can see you mentally shaking your head that you'd
never do something like that, but guess what?  -It's
more of an issue than you'd think.

If this does not solve the problem, please contact the
Webmonsters DIRECTLY, as found at the bottom of most
email messages and under the CONTACT US buttons found
all over the website.  Send it to the IML, and it goes
out to the rest of the club (who's pretty much not
empowered to help you), and isn't always obvious to us
here in the control tower, but we do try to keep an
eye open.

Lastly, there is an ADMIN team that will slap your
hand with a pushrod if you stray outside of the RULES
OF ETIQUETTE.  Some here have met those folks already,
but fortunately this is a great group of people and
they don't have to work all that hard.

We NEVER, EVER bouce people for no reason or without
writing to tell them.  99% of the time it is an
initial warning, and by the time someone gets locked
out in the parking lot with the Lincoln owners, they
know darned well what's going on.  And yes, I've owned
a Lincoln before and they're really nice cars and all,
so don't write me about that.