Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 7:14 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1961 Parking Brake

OK, everyone, I admit that I thought with a lot of reading, a little patience, a good dose of perseverence, and some hefty elbow muscle, I could get the d&%# parking brake off of this car.  And while those attributes have served me well in the past, that piece of this rolling work of art is determined to stay where it is.

I have the drive train disconnected from the drum but can't seem to loosen the retainer nut to get it away from the back of the transmission.  According to the FSM, I should be able to remove the shaft flange nut & washer, remove the drum, and get to the innards of the parking brake, but no such luck here.

What am I doin' wrong?

Does anyone out there have any experience with this sort of thing and can offer some suggestions?

Is it time for the air tools?

Joe

Allen, Texas

1961 Crown 4D Southampton