Re: IML: AC compressor parts

Back in the day, before R&D meant receive and duplicate overseas, Everco and Napa both had parts for the RV2 compressor. You could get reed plates, gaskets, seals, o rings, and all the other odds and ends. The poor thing probably threw a rod...Im not kidding, they are built like a baby v twin engine.....and those are the hardest things to find as I recall.

Sometimes you can find them on ebay, I havent seen any components for some time. The rods run metal on metal with the crankshaft, but they are aluminum without any rod bearing per se and eventually they just go out of round or the rod cap comes loose, and they lock.

I wish I had some concrete sure fire links to send, I know the parts exist somewhere because the rebuilders still send them out the door. I think if one could find the correct parts, you could definetly do at least as good, if not better , job than some of the disposable stuff thats coming out the door these days.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe